Students who are beginning studies in the computer network and systems need a strong foundation in the basics before moving on to more advanced networking technology courses and other professional certification programs. The freeITtutorials is a new and innovative track designed to provide a pathway for future success in computer network and systems courses and careers. Build a foundation of networking knowledge in a real-world, multi-vendor environment. A strong foundation of basic networking concepts is fundamental to a successful career in information technology. Networking technologies underlie all IT activities and a strong comprehension of the hardware and protocols used to create networks is essential to future success.
The freeITtutorials programs help teach and validate fundamental of computer network and system concepts. This text covers the fundamentals of local area networking, defining networks with the OSI Model and understanding wired and wireless networks. In addition it includes understanding Internet Protocol, implementing TCP/IP and working with networking services. Students will better understand wide area networks along with defining network infrastructures and network security.
Who Should Participate
New IT professionals who want to learn the basics of a structured, layered approach to networking, systems including the fundamentals of network, systems and components, network protocols, IP addressing and subnetting, and various tools used in network monitoring and troubleshooting. Ideal candidates include:
- Entry-level and newly hired technical professionals, including IT support executives, help desk engineers, and networking professionals
- Sales and marketing professionals looking to increase their ability to communicate with technical professionals and increase sales as a student councilor
- Technical professionals looking to strengthen core skill before pursuing advanced topics and certifications
- Demonstrate use of networking mathematics, terminology, protocols and models.
- Explain the fundamental principles and concepts of the seven-layer OSI model.
- Explain the fundamental of network cables and network devices.
- Construct and test cabling for LANs and WANs.
- Perform mathematical tasks to solve IP addressing and subnetting scenarios.